Self Help Site | Strategies To Maximize Time | Learn TimeManagement
There is no denying in the truth of the saying, “Time is gold.”
You never seem to get enough of time. Even if you are given thirty hours in a day, you still won’t be able to get enough of it. Somehow, some things will come up and you will end up wanting more time. Time is a precious commodity. Once it’s gone, it cannot be recovered.
The fact is: when you are busy, time flies swiftly. But when you are not, time seems to be at a stand still. This is true when you are killing time because there is nothing else to do under the circumstances.
How do you maximize the use of your time? It would be worth your time to consider the following strategies:
1. Check your schedule at the start of the day. Review it in its entirety. You may notice that portions of your day may be hectic, while some may not be too frenzied. Distribute your activities evenly throughout the day.
Keep note pads handy so you can keep track of your schedule. It also helps to remind you of your tasks and commitments. Note pads and schedule notebooks help you avoid overlapping of activities. In case of overlaps, determine which one is priority.
After spreading your schedule for the day and you still feel overwhelmed by the number of tasks to be accomplished, you may have to forego some of them. Re-schedule other tasks for another day.
What you are actually doing is very much like cleaning a closet. When your closet is in order, you avoid being accidentally hit on the head by falling objects upon opening its door. Also, if it is in order, you will likely find spare spaces available.
2. Request for a re-schedule in advance. This is especially true when another person will be affected. Show courtesy by doing this is advance. This leaves time for the person to adjust to the new schedule. Who knows? You may be doing the other parties a favor. They may be in the same predicament as you are, and they will not be aware unless you make it known to them.
3. Be creative. Time is an element when simple creativity can be put to practice. For example, you need to do the laundry but at the same time, you also have to rush and buy some groceries. Perhaps, what you can do is to set your washing machine to do the laundry while you step out to the grocers. Manage your time in the grocery and back home, just in time when the laundry is done.
You can even do the cooking at the same time by using a slow cooker. It cooks food by itself. You can even pick up the kids from school after shopping. Four tasks are combined to one. All it takes is scheduling and a little creativity.
4. When you have to do a certain task for the first time, it is natural for mistakes to happen. However, a first time task doesn’t have to be a blunder. If there is no clear direction on how things should be done, take time to plan it out before you take action. This saves time, energy, and money.
5. Visualize the possible outcome of your objective. Seek out alternatives. Choose the better of two or more alternatives. If there is only one option, do it just the same. Some tasks may appear difficult when you think about it, but not necessarily when put into action. The same thing is true the other way around.
Time is something you could never have enough of. You become wise when you choose to maximize it.
As Helene Malmsio from Time Management in the Workplace website says “Ensure that you have a clear idea of what you need to accomplish in your working day and be realistic! You will do yourself no favours by trying to complete a week’s worth of work in one day. All you will accomplish if you try this technique is a big ball of stress in your stomach and a head ache to go with it.”
Learning time management in the workplace is actually not difficult. It may take time but once you’ve mastered the necessary skills, you will feel less pressured and be able to work better.
Being efficient and effective, by utilizing the best practices for your time management in the workplace is essential to your career development and success. When you visit the site you can get a free ebook about timemanagmenent tips that shows you how to maximize your time, the types of time management techniques you can use, and much more!
Do you want MORE out of life? We believe that YOU deserve the best! The best health. The most happiness. And unlimited prosperity too. It’s all possible when you help yourself using our FREE personal development resources and free self help books. You will be amazed at what only a few minutes on our site will do for you. Feel better NOW!
We’re waiting for you at our self help website => http://personal-enterprise-self-help-resources.com