We have dozens of articles on this site about womans Health issues, so visit our ARTICLES DIRECTORY pages for more articles on this subject.
How to Stay Young Indefinitely.
- Forget your age. Your number of birthdays isnt important. How you look, feel and most of all your enthusiasm for living determine your age.
- Be adventuresome! Always stay interested in life. Find new things to do daily. Do the things you enjoy and plan something "SPECIAL" to look forward to each day. Never, never let yourself be unhappy or depressed. This leads to poor health. You are as young as you feel.
- Eat nourishing food. A balanced diet is very important. And never, never overeat.
- Exercise daily. A good long enjoyable walk each day is a must for good health. Get into this habit, and each day youll find yourself looking forward to your walk.
- The most important exercise you can do other than walking is the "stomach lift". This strengthens your abdominal muscles and enables you to permanently keep your waistline.
Heres how to do it. Pull you stomach in and hold it for about 20 seconds. Relax, now pull your stomach in so that it feels as if your stomach is touching your backbone. Hold for a count of 30. Do this several times daily. Do it anytime you think of it.
- Follow a regular exercise routine about 10 minutes daily. If you dont know any regular exercise routines, your public library should have several books on this.
- Good elimination. If you have poor bowel habits, try to correct them. Eat bran cereal for breakfast. Add high fiber bread to your menu.
- Relax. Remember, relaxation is beauty, tension is ugliness. Now heres how to begin relaxing. Lie on your bed or couch. Pretend youre floating on a cloud or drifting idly in the ocean. think of anything that will make you feel loose and free.
First tense your arms; stretch them as long as you can. Next tense your fingers. Then ball them into tight fists. Now, let your arms and hands relax. Pretend youre a rag doll and you cannot move them. Do the same with your legs and feet. Next comes the neck. Roll your head from side to side as if you were saying no. Then pretend your head is so heavy you cannot lift it from the pillow.
Work at this daily until you teach yourself to relax. It can be done. When youre at work or anywhere that you feel yourself become tense, take several deep breaths through your mouth. This will help relax you. Follow this plan and you should look and feel young INDEFINITELY.
- Keep your mind active and continue to learn. Take advantage of opportunities, like new friends, reading, movies, television, traveling and cultural activities. Take advantage of community resources. Most churches have programs for older people. YMCA college and hospitals have programs. Become a giver rather than a taker, beginning to look at the later years or life as time you can make major contributions to people at a personal level. Help out at the local Y. There are a lot of kids and young families that could use guidance and counseling from older people.
- Dont let your self become sedentary. Dont stay cooped up in the house. Plan short walks, visits and shopping trips around your neighborhood.
- Travel can be an aid to living a full and healthy life. Go some place new. It doesnt have to be a trip around the world. Walk around your community, take a ride across town. Visit the local museum and other interesting places. If you live in a larger town go to the local airport. Travel can be an aid to living a full and healthy life. Go someplace new. A wonderful time can be had on bus tours. You meet lots of interesting people and see new places.
- Friends are a source of energy. Friends and family are important to a healthy lift. Friends make us feel good. They keep us wanting to be alive.
- Be less critical and more appreciative of others. Try not to put enormous demand and expectation on others. Be more appreciative of yourself. See yourself in terms of potentials and talents rather than weakness and problems.
- Learn to take care of your body. Develop a regular habit of exercise. Find some activity that will allow you to stretch, breath and gently exert yourself. Swimming, cycling and golf are good healthy activities.
- Search out and make friends with people who are active and OPTIMISTIC. Spend as little time as possible with people who do nothing but complain or gossip. Look for cheerful people.
- Avoid getting into religious or political arguments. They will just rattle you up. Speak and get involved in healthy projects. Nothing will put more jest into living than some good hobbies, especially ones that you can share with other people. Eat out with other people and go to different places to eat.
- To have real happiness and contentment, simplify your living. Get rid of half of the junk that you have no use for and never need anyway. Dont clutter up your life with every gadget you see, but dont want or need.
A FUN and EASY way to get more vitamins & minerals into your diet is bydrinking freshly made fruit juices, vegetable juices, and by blending thickand frothy smoothies and shakes from frozen fruit.
A friend of mine describes drinking freshly made fruit juices like this:"If you have never taken a mouthful of cantaloupe juice or strawberryjuice mixed with apple, you simply have not lived. Blueberry juice is ataste of liquid heaven."
Freshly made juices are a tremendous source of bio-available vitamins andminerals which are the partners of enzymes and co-enzymes. Vitaminsactivate enzymes and without vitamins, enzymes could not carry out theirwork, and we could not live.
Enzymes act as catalysts in hundreds of thousands of chemical reactionsthat take place throughout your body, and are essential for digesting,absorbing and converting food into body tissue. Enzymes produce energyat the cellular level and are critical for most of the metabolic activities takingplace in your body every second of every day.
Another benefit of drinking fresh juices and smoothies is that your body canabsorb MORE of the vitamins and minerals than if you were to eat the fruitsand vegetables whole! Many of the nutrients are TRAPPED in the fiber andby blending fruits and vegetables, you break down the fiber and release thevital nutrients.
When you eat a raw carrot, you are only able to assimilate a smallpercentage of the available beta carotene. When a carrot is juiced,removing the fiber, a LARGE percentage of the beta carotene can beassimilated by your body.
Of course, you still need to eat whole produce because fiber is also animportant part of your daily diet.
Meeting you or your children's need for energy and nutrients is essential forgood health. Children who do not meet their needs for energy may stopgrowing and gaining weight. In severe situations, they can develop acondition which is life threatening called protein energy malnutrition.Vitamins and minerals are only required in very small amounts, but a dietinsufficient in these can cause SEVERE deficiency diseases.
You may be showing signs of malnutrition if you ...
feel tired and weak.
Natural vitamins are found only in living things, that is, plants and animals.Your body, with a few exceptions, can't manufacture vitamins. They mustbe supplied in your food or in dietary supplements but supplements can'treplace food, especially fruits and vegetables which provide thousands ofsubstances, some of which have well-known functions, and some whoseroles in the human body are not yet understood or recognized.
Vitamins and minerals ...
◊ reduce your risk of getting a stroke or heart attack!
When it comes to choosing a healthy diet for their children, many parentsdon't realize the important role that beverages play. For example, fruitflavored drinks and soft drinks are not a substitute for real fruit. Many ofthese drinks only contain 10% real fruit juice. The very best drinks aremade from whole fruit and you can make great fruity healthy drinks athome.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE FRUIT ANDVEGETABLE JUICES
1. You'll need an inexpensive juice machine.
FRUIT JUICE RECIPES
All the fruit juice recipes serve one. You can double ortriple the recipes to serve more people.
Lemon~Lime Ginger Ale
1 apple, cored and sliced
1 apple, cored and sliced
Gingered Apple Cidar
5 STEPS TO MAKING THE PERFECT SMOOTHIE
1. Put the fruit in the blender first. Make sure that the items are smallerthan a golf ball so they will blend completely. Add the liquid ingredientsnext.
2. Fasten the lid and press the start button. Use high speed for about 20-30 seconds.
3. Stop the blender and check to see if the ingredients are well blended.Sometimes the frozen fruit will jam under the blade. If there is jammedfruit, use a spatula to unjam the fruit, and blend again.
4. Once the mixture is evenly blended, slowly add two ice cubes throughthe opening of the blender lid. Keep adding one or two ice cubes at atime until the blender sounds smooth instead of gravelly. If your blenderis not strong enough to blend ice cubes, omit the ice and substitute justenough ice cold water so that the shake will have a milkshakeconsistency.
5. If the shake/smoothie is too thin, add more fruit or ice. If its too thick,add more liquid.
SMOOTHIE AND SHAKE TIPS
A smoothie is basically a blended fruit drink. The best-tasting smoothiesare made from fruit that is fresh or frozen, and not canned.
All smoothies begin with a liquid base. This can be orange juice, milk oranother liquid.
You can make a frostier drink by freezing fresh fruit before making asmoothie.
Smoothies are best when they're fresh out of the blender, but they canbe frozen the night before, as well just remove the smoothie from thefreezer about an hour before drinking.
You can replace a meal with a smoothie or shake by adding a scoop ofhigh-quality protein powder and a tbsp. of high-quality olive or flax oil.
FRUIT RECIPES SMOOTHIES
All the recipes serve one. You can double or triplethe recipes to serve more people.
HOMEMADE BEAUTY RECIPES
Cornmeal Facial Mask
Fruit Smoothie Hair Mask
WEIGHT LOSS BY FASTING
Loss of weight indicates, almost guarantees, that detoxification and healing
Medical personnel claim that rapid weight loss often causes dangerous
When fasting for weight loss, the only way to keep the weight off is to
People also fear weight loss during fasting because they fear becoming
Eating disorders mean eating compulsively because of a distorted body
Occasionally a neurotic individual with a pre-existing eating disorder will
Free self help books website resources and new health articles for your Lifetime Health & Fitness and wellbeing, womens health, ideal body weight, womens health issues and personal development health articles about womens health, free self help books for your improved health, nutrition & lifetime fitness. size=1>
SITE DISCLAIMER: The self help books and personal development resources on this site are not intended to be a substitute for therapy or professional advice. While all attempts have been made to verify information provided in this self help book and personal development publication, neither the author nor the publisher assumes any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the self help books and personal development subject matter herein. There is no guarantee of validity of accuracy of any self help books and articles content. Any perceived slight of specific people or organizations is unintentional. This self help books and personal development articles website and its creators are not responsible for the content of any sites linked to.
The self help book and new health articles website contents are solely the opinion of the author and should not be considered as a form of therapy, advice, direction and/or diagnosis or treatment of any kind: medical, spiritual, mental or other. If expert advice or counseling is needed, services of a competent professional should be sought. The author and the Publisher assume no responsibility or liability and specifically disclaim any warranty, express or implied for any self help or otherwise products or self help or otherwise services mentioned, or any self help or otherwise techniques or practices described. The purchaser or reader of this self help book and personal development articles website publication assumes responsibility for the use of these self help personal development materials and self help books and personal development articles and information. Neither the self help author nor the self help book Publisher assumes any responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of any purchaser or reader of these self help books and personal development materials.
Self help site contains: Self help books and new health articles for your Lifetime Health & Fitness and wellbeing self help book and personal development health article about keyword, free self help books for your improved health, nutrition & lifetime fitness Self help books and new health articles for happiness & personal development resources, free self help books and new health articles listed for your convenient self help books for lifetime fitness health and wellbeing search in the self help books and new health articles subjects of self image, self help health tips, self help book resources for lifetime health & fitness and self help emotion management, panic attack self help, self help for low self esteem, self help famous quotes, anxiety self help resources, stress management self help books, new health articles and depression self help books, new health articles and resources.
It's time to join our happy subscribers, like these:
"I wish to express my appreciation and gratitude for this powerful tips you send to me.Thank you so much and may God richly bless all the team working towards this.
Thank you for this. It has been most instructive. Please keep them coming!
With no other words, I simply love these Power Tips - thanks for every email I have received from you - I find there always something that cheers my day up or gives me some more inspiration. Good work, there!
I always read your Power Tips and it has helped me a lot in my life... I would like to thank you a lot for such a nice article at regular intervals.
I am really grateful to you for what you have been doing for me and my growth. I know that I am not alone and hundreds of thousands of people would be feeling the same.
Your Newsletter are always a help. Thanks a tonne.
You are doing so much for the whole mankind and as a matter of fact sometimes even a small thought delivered at the right time can do miracles in someone's life and his whole life can take a turn around.
When the positive seeds through your news letter are falling all over the world, then I am sure some would become tree and bear fruits.