1. Never leave home "starving." Always have a light snackbefore eating dinner in a restaurant, such as a piece offruit, a glass of juice or a carrot.
2. Don't go food shopping on an empty stomach! You'll betempted to buy everything in sight.
3. Don't be tempted by treats. Store them out of view, offcounter-tops and as out-of-reach as possible.
4. Don't eat in front of the TV. Watching the boob tube --instead of watching your plate -- lulls you intoovereating. Also avoid being tempted by food and snackcommercials.
5. Make it a rule in your house to confine your meals tothe dining room or kitchen table! Never eat standing up!This leads to mindless snacking.
6. Think before you drink. Alcohol adds lots of calories,but no nutrients. Also, it weakens your willpower to avoidthe wrong food choices. Hangovers can cause wicked cravingsfor fatty or high carbohydrate foods that can sabotage anyattempt at weight loss.
7. Fill up on soup first. Begin every meal with non-creamhot soup; it forces you to eat slowly and fills you up soyou won't overeat.
8. Take time to taste your food. Don't gobble food down!Rushing through your meals doesn't give your brain the timethat it needs to signal your body that you are full.
9. When dining out, request sauces and low-caloriedressings on the side.
10. There is no law that requires you to finish everythingon your plate.
11. Prepare a shopping list (with menu ideas in mind) andstick to the list. Avoid being tempted by bargains thatgrocery stores place on the outer aisles and at the backand the front of the store. The healthiest foods areusually in the long narrow aisles.
12. Use non-stick pans to reduce the need for cooking withfat.
13. If you must use oil, try a flavorful one like olive orsesame oil. Now remember, a little goes a long way! Makejust a spritz of oil go even further by buying a Misto. AMisto is an aerosol can that you can fill with a good fatsuch as olive or canola oil.
14. A pinch of grated cheese or blue cheese will provide aflavorful kick without adding a lot of calories to a salador grain dish.
15. If you cook in large quantities for your family, storeleftovers in individual serving size containers. This is away to practice portion control for yourself so you don'teat too much at one sitting.
16. Nibbling off someone else's plate may seem harmless --but those calories do add up!
17. Drink six to eight glasses of water a day. A beveragebefore mealtime will also help you feel full faster andlonger. Water also helps your body digest food, which isespecially important now that you're eating a fiber richdiet.
18. Store really tempting treats in opaque containers orsilver foil -- and stick them in the back of therefrigerator. Out of sight out of mind!
19. Are you stuffing yourself? If you have to loosen yourbelt a few notches after meals you're definitely eating toomuch!
20. Mashed bananas, prunes and apple sauce are great bakingsubstitutes for fat, especially in bread, brownie and cakemixes.
21. When you choose to eat "fast food," choose wisely: skipfried foods; avoid large portions; and opt for a smallhamburger.
22. Saute foods, if possible, in chicken stock, low-sodiumsoy sauce or water, instead of fat.
23. When cooking, broil, bake, roast, boil or stir-fry andlet the fat drain. A George Foreman grill is an excellentinvestment for those who want to eat meat and avoid eatingthe fat drippings too!
24. Sauces and soups can be thickened with a puree ofpotatoes instead of cream.
25. Instead of eating any product directly out of the box,pour a reasonable portion onto a plate or bowl, and put thebox away. This also prevents mindless snacking.
26. If a recipe calls for half a cup of oil, cut that amountin half, your taste buds won't know the difference -- butyour waistline will.
27. Add spice to your life instead of fat; fresh herbs willperk up any dish without adding calories. Experiment withdifferent ethnic foods and seasonings; they're full offlavor -- not fat.
28. Freeze leftovers immediately so you can't raid therefrigerator later.
29. Watch portion size by dishing out meals and bringingplates to the table. Don't set "bottomless" bowls andplatters where they'll tempt you to reach for more, unlessit's a salad or a bowl of vegetables. You can never getenough of those greens.
30. Start saving for that new outfit now! When you reachyour goal weight, you can buy yourself some fashionable newclothes!
About the Author:
Publisher & author: Roy Barker. Roy has an indepth and longestablished background with the vitamins, minerals andhealth industry and has researched and experimented withmany diets over a thirty year period. Roy is also theauthor of Safe and Easy Weightloss, an e-book based on theMediterranean Diet and often used by those with heartconditions and those who seek a quick and safe way to shedweight. It can be viewed athttp://www.safe-and-easy-weightloss.com.
Free self help books website resources and new health articles for your Lifetime Health & Fitness and wellbeing, ideal body weight, womens health issues and personal development health articles about free self help books for your improved health, nutrition & lifetime fitness. size=1>
SITE DISCLAIMER: The self help books and personal development resources on this site are not intended to be a substitute for therapy or professional advice. While all attempts have been made to verify information provided in this self help book and personal development publication, neither the author nor the publisher assumes any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the self help books and personal development subject matter herein. There is no guarantee of validity of accuracy of any self help books and articles content. Any perceived slight of specific people or organizations is unintentional. This self help books and personal development articles website and its creators are not responsible for the content of any sites linked to.
The self help book and new health articles website contents are solely the opinion of the author and should not be considered as a form of therapy, advice, direction and/or diagnosis or treatment of any kind: medical, spiritual, mental or other. If expert advice or counseling is needed, services of a competent professional should be sought. The author and the Publisher assume no responsibility or liability and specifically disclaim any warranty, express or implied for any self help or otherwise products or self help or otherwise services mentioned, or any self help or otherwise techniques or practices described. The purchaser or reader of this self help book and personal development articles website publication assumes responsibility for the use of these self help personal development materials and self help books and personal development articles and information. Neither the self help author nor the self help book Publisher assumes any responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of any purchaser or reader of these self help books and personal development materials.
Self help site contains: Self help books and new health articles for your Lifetime Health & Fitness and wellbeing self help book and personal development health article about keyword, free self help books for your improved health, nutrition & lifetime fitness Self help books and new health articles for happiness & personal development resources, free self help books and new health articles listed for your convenient self help books for lifetime fitness health and wellbeing search in the self help books and new health articles subjects of self image, self help health tips, self help book resources for lifetime health & fitness and self help emotion management, panic attack self help, self help for low self esteem, self help famous quotes, anxiety self help resources, stress management self help books, new health articles and depression self help books, new health articles and resources.
It's time to join our happy subscribers, like these:
"I wish to express my appreciation and gratitude for this powerful tips you send to me.Thank you so much and may God richly bless all the team working towards this.
Thank you for this. It has been most instructive. Please keep them coming!
With no other words, I simply love these Power Tips - thanks for every email I have received from you - I find there always something that cheers my day up or gives me some more inspiration. Good work, there!
I always read your Power Tips and it has helped me a lot in my life... I would like to thank you a lot for such a nice article at regular intervals.
I am really grateful to you for what you have been doing for me and my growth. I know that I am not alone and hundreds of thousands of people would be feeling the same.
Your Newsletter are always a help. Thanks a tonne.
You are doing so much for the whole mankind and as a matter of fact sometimes even a small thought delivered at the right time can do miracles in someone's life and his whole life can take a turn around.
When the positive seeds through your news letter are falling all over the world, then I am sure some would become tree and bear fruits.