FACT: Obesity accounts for 300,000 deaths a year in the U.S. alone.
Research into how junk food and fast food restaurants affect obesity, have found that there may be a relationship between the number of people per fast food restaurant and how many square miles there are between fast food restaurants located within your local area and obesity rates.
The way in which we eat, and what we eat, is of vital importance to our state of health. The convenience and habitual nature of the problem mean that fast food consumption is so in-grained, that healthy eating is near impossible.
There are no easy ways to fix junk food habits and make them into healthy habits, but I do have 7 quick strategies that you can easily put into place to start into motion your new lifestyle without junk food. I recommend implementing these one at a time, to ensure that you don't overload and burn yourself out.
1. Do your shopping every week. Make it a regular habit to do your groceries every single week on the same day.
2. Make a shopping list on the computer with all the regular foods that you buy, to ensure that you aren't going to run out of food at the end of the week, tempting you to reach for the fast food pamphlet, running out for take-away or buying unnecessary food items.
3. Don't starve yourself !!!!!!! Eat 6 small meals instead of 3 large ones, snacking on healthy foods such as a fat burning apple, protein packed, metabolism raising light salad with boiled eggs and flaxseed oil dressing.
4. Make food your hobby. Join a cookery class. There are often many community classes that you can enrol in inexpensively to learn how to prepare interesting food.
5. Unplug the TV at the point. You will be less likely to sit there and watch it aimlessly if you have to make a conscious effort to turn it on. Particularly around 6-8 pm, the junk food restaurants will advertise, watch a DVD during these times. A recent review of childhood obesity research, has, not surprisingly found that the amount of time you spend watching TV has a direct affect on being overweight.
6. Try this recipe when you are feeling peckish to curb your need to buy junk food, or feeling the urge to have a smoke.
2 eggs beaten
1 Chopped lean bacon rasher - no fat.
1 chopped canned tomato
1/4 cup soy milk/low fat milk
1 finely chopped leaf spinach/frozen spinach
Sprinkling of low fat cheese
Mix ingredients together in mixing bowl. Transfer into a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 2 minutes or until eggs have solidified. Eat with a low GI bread. You'll find that depending on the quantity eaten, it can be a filling snack or light dinner.
7. When eating out. Avoid the restaurants with the all-you-can-eat option. These restaurants unfortunately encourage people to eat until they are bloated. Researchers found that 20% of weight gain among freshman University students could be attributed to their eating in the all-you-can-eat student dining halls.
Caroli M, Argentieri L, Cardone M, Masi A. Role of television in childhood obesity prevention. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2004 Nov;28 Suppl 3:S104-8.
Levitsky DA, Halbmaier CA, Mrdjenovic G. The freshman weight gain: a model for the study of the epidemic of obesity. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2004 Nov;28(11):1435-42.
Maddock J. The relationship between obesity and the prevalence of fast food restaurants: state-level analysis. Am J Health Promot. 2004 Nov-Dec;19(2):137-43.
Copyright © 2004 Jenny Mathers. All Rights Reserved.
Jenny Mathers writes for Savvy Fat Burning Foods and has created a research resource to educate and inform about what REALLY is fat burning food
Free self help books website resources and new health articles for your Lifetime Health & Fitness and wellbeing, ideal body weight, womens health issues and personal development health articles about free self help books for your improved health, nutrition & lifetime fitness. size=1>
Back to Happiness self help books and health articles Home Page
SITE DISCLAIMER: The self help books and personal development resources on this site are not intended to be a substitute for therapy or professional advice. While all attempts have been made to verify information provided in this self help book and personal development publication, neither the author nor the publisher assumes any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the self help books and personal development subject matter herein. There is no guarantee of validity of accuracy of any self help books and articles content. Any perceived slight of specific people or organizations is unintentional. This self help books and personal development articles website and its creators are not responsible for the content of any sites linked to.
The self help book and new health articles website contents are solely the opinion of the author and should not be considered as a form of therapy, advice, direction and/or diagnosis or treatment of any kind: medical, spiritual, mental or other. If expert advice or counseling is needed, services of a competent professional should be sought. The author and the Publisher assume no responsibility or liability and specifically disclaim any warranty, express or implied for any self help or otherwise products or self help or otherwise services mentioned, or any self help or otherwise techniques or practices described. The purchaser or reader of this self help book and personal development articles website publication assumes responsibility for the use of these self help personal development materials and self help books and personal development articles and information. Neither the self help author nor the self help book Publisher assumes any responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of any purchaser or reader of these self help books and personal development materials.
Self help site contains: Self help books and new health articles for your Lifetime Health & Fitness and wellbeing self help book and personal development health article about keyword, free self help books for your improved health, nutrition & lifetime fitness Self help books and new health articles for happiness & personal development resources, free self help books and new health articles listed for your convenient self help books for lifetime fitness health and wellbeing search in the self help books and new health articles subjects of self image, self help health tips, self help book resources for lifetime health & fitness and self help emotion management, panic attack self help, self help for low self esteem, self help famous quotes, anxiety self help resources, stress management self help books, new health articles and depression self help books, new health articles and resources.
It's time to join our happy subscribers, like these:
"I wish to express my appreciation and gratitude for this powerful tips you send to me.Thank you so much and may God richly bless all the team working towards this.
Thank you for this. It has been most instructive. Please keep them coming!
With no other words, I simply love these Power Tips - thanks for every email I have received from you - I find there always something that cheers my day up or gives me some more inspiration. Good work, there!
I always read your Power Tips and it has helped me a lot in my life... I would like to thank you a lot for such a nice article at regular intervals.
I am really grateful to you for what you have been doing for me and my growth. I know that I am not alone and hundreds of thousands of people would be feeling the same.
Your Newsletter are always a help. Thanks a tonne.
You are doing so much for the whole mankind and as a matter of fact sometimes even a small thought delivered at the right time can do miracles in someone's life and his whole life can take a turn around.
When the positive seeds through your news letter are falling all over the world, then I am sure some would become tree and bear fruits.