"Ten Top Tips To Tip The Scales Your Way"© 2002 by Moss Greene
1. CREATE YOUR OWN VIRTUAL REALITY.
Do you think of yourselfas fit or fat?
If your answer is fat, anything you try to doto change that will be a futile struggle.
Learn to imagineyourself as slender, fit and energetic.
When the "fit" visiondominates your thoughts, you will easily start to become whatyou imagine.
2. EAT NUTRITIOUS WHOLE FOODS. Permanently changing the wayyou eat to a healthy diet of low fat protein, fresh fruits andvegetables and 100% whole grains is the best way to reach andmaintain your optimum weight. Add natural whole food nutritionalsupplements and you're on your way to slender, buoyant, vibrantgood health.
3. ELIMINATE MOST SIMPLE CARBOHYDRATES. Processed grains, sugar and other foods that cause a high glycemic response arethe biggest saboteurs of your weight management plans. Theresulting insulin release causes you to store fat and cravesugars.
4. DRINK PLENTY OF PURE LIQUIDS. Clean water is the perfectdrink. Eight glasses a day is a good basic guideline and helpsyou to feel full. If you want something sweet to drink, you canalways add several drops of liquid stevia (a sweet tasting non-caloric herbal extract) to either herb tea or lemon water.
5. MOVE YOUR BODY. BUILD MUSCLE. Exercise and a good lean muscleto fat ratio helps to keep your metabolism working optimally. Italso benefits your bones, heart and your whole body. So move itas much as possible. Walk, garden, ride your bike, climb stairsor pump some iron. Exercise, or just be active in any way you canthat makes you feel good.
6. INCREASE HIGH FIBER FOODS. Besides being good for yourintestines, your heart and for protecting you from certain kindsof cancers, fiber also makes you feel full and satisfied. If youneed more than you're getting in your diet, try adding a dailyfiber drink of unsweetened psyllium and mixed nutritional fibers.
7. CUT OUT BAD FATS, ADD GOOD ONES. High levels of saturatedfats, processed vegetable oils and trans-fatty acids, are badfor your health. Plus, they add empty calories to your diet.Stick with small amounts of organic butter for cooking, virginolive oil for salads and eat more fish and whole grains for thegood quality omega-3 and omega-6 oils.
8. ENJOY DOING IT YOUR WAY. Studies show that most of the peoplewho are successful with weight management adjust whatever planthey are using to suit themselves. If your program says have 5meals a day, but 4 suits you better, then do what works for youand what makes you happy.
9. HAVE A SIMPLE ORGANIZED PLAN. When you find out what worksfor you, work your plan. Find recipes you like. Have healthyfoods available at all times. When you go to a restaurant,take your favorite salad dressing and fruit along for dessert.Stay on top of your program.
10. FORGIVE YOURSELF AND MOVE ON. Guilt, self-pity and irritationhave no useful value. When you stray from your plan, don't wasteany time feeling bad. Talk yourself into feeling positive aboutyour action instead of negative. Then get right back on purpose.Remember, you deserve to be fit, trim and healthy.
1. Attaining and maintaining lean body mass is a lifetime commitment, needing lifetime lifestyle strategies.
2. Ease on Down the Diet Road: Making gradual adjustments in food, exercise and supplementation works better for long-term weight-loss than drastic measures you cannot maintain.
3. Eat small frequent meals, well chewed, slowly eaten. Give thanks before meals. Put your fork, spoon, or food down between each bite.
4. Start eating early and try to get most of your calories in by 3-5 PM.
5. When hungry between meals, try 8 to 16 oz of water first. Green tea is likely even better. Perhaps add fiber (psyllium, oat bran, chitosan) to the water to "fill you up" and absorb fat and bile.
6. Eat vegetable-based clear soups and fish frequently.
7. Create "reward meals". The key to a long-term strategy of eating well is not having to be being perfect. Have some "planned cheating" or a "cheat allowance" built into your strategy.
8. Always start with a sensible, balanced nutrient dense nutrition strategy combined with exercise and supplements.
Move to the more extreme and restricted strategies only as proved necessary. Then "cycle" or "sandwich" these more extreme strategies with a balanced nutrient dense wide variety strategy.
This way you will not get "bored" with the more restrictive strategies, which are very difficult to maintain for long periods of time for most of us.
Don't play the "all or nothing" Yo-Yo diet game.
9. If obese, high sodium intake significantly increases death risk, regardless of blood pressure. So if you are obese be moderate in sodium from salt and additives.
10. Look in the mirror every day, preferably before or after showering, and tell the person in the mirror you love him/her.
Regardless of your physical appearance, fatten up with self-love the real person inside!
Dr. John H. Maher, Editor.,"Longevity News" Your FREE Anti-Aging Prescription On-line. Webite: RxforWe
SITE DISCLAIMER: The self help books and personal development resources on this site are not intended to be a substitute for therapy or professional advice. While all attempts have been made to verify information provided in this self help book and personal development publication, neither the author nor the publisher assumes any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the self help books and personal development subject matter herein. There is no guarantee of validity of accuracy of any self help books and articles content. Any perceived slight of specific people or organizations is unintentional. This self help books and personal development articles website and its creators are not responsible for the content of any sites linked to.
The self help book and new health articles website contents are solely the opinion of the author and should not be considered as a form of therapy, advice, direction and/or diagnosis or treatment of any kind: medical, spiritual, mental or other. If expert advice or counseling is needed, services of a competent professional should be sought. The author and the Publisher assume no responsibility or liability and specifically disclaim any warranty, express or implied for any self help or otherwise products or self help or otherwise services mentioned, or any self help or otherwise techniques or practices described. The purchaser or reader of this self help book and personal development articles website publication assumes responsibility for the use of these self help personal development materials and self help books and personal development articles and information. Neither the self help author nor the self help book Publisher assumes any responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of any purchaser or reader of these self help books and personal development materials.
Self help site contains: Self help books and new health articles for your Lifetime Health & Fitness and wellbeing self help book and personal development health article about keyword, free self help books for your improved health, nutrition & lifetime fitness Self help books and new health articles for happiness & personal development resources, free self help books and new health articles listed for your convenient self help books for lifetime fitness health and wellbeing search in the self help books and new health articles subjects of self image, self help health tips, self help book resources for lifetime health & fitness and self help emotion management, panic attack self help, self help for low self esteem, self help famous quotes, anxiety self help resources, stress management self help books, new health articles and depression self help books, new health articles and resources.
It's time to join our happy subscribers, like these:
"I wish to express my appreciation and gratitude for this powerful tips you send to me.Thank you so much and may God richly bless all the team working towards this.
Thank you for this. It has been most instructive. Please keep them coming!
With no other words, I simply love these Power Tips - thanks for every email I have received from you - I find there always something that cheers my day up or gives me some more inspiration. Good work, there!
I always read your Power Tips and it has helped me a lot in my life... I would like to thank you a lot for such a nice article at regular intervals.
I am really grateful to you for what you have been doing for me and my growth. I know that I am not alone and hundreds of thousands of people would be feeling the same.
Your Newsletter are always a help. Thanks a tonne.
You are doing so much for the whole mankind and as a matter of fact sometimes even a small thought delivered at the right time can do miracles in someone's life and his whole life can take a turn around.
When the positive seeds through your news letter are falling all over the world, then I am sure some would become tree and bear fruits.