Organization is an ability that can be acquired or learned by everyone. The terribly hard part is breaking away from your constant habits of cluttering such as piled up paperwork and scattered documents. The solution to organization is by starting with just one step at a time. You will be surprised that all the clutter and the mess that took years to accumulate might only take an hour or two to clean up.
When you have a disaster desk:
1. Remove everything off your desk.
2. Start cleaning your desk. With a damp cloth, wipe the surface of the table, the drawers, the drawer handles, and the entire desk.
3. Get several boxes of different sizes and label each (paper clips, pens, pencils, letterheads, etc.) according to specific office supplies that you have.
4. Keep handy a trash container to dispose of paperwork or certain office supplies not needed anymore.
5. Next identify and assign a place for all your office supplies and paperwork, in accordance as to how frequent they are used. Items being accessed regularly, must be positioned and placed in a spot that is conveniently reachable and can be seen easily, such as desk drawers, on the desk top, or the shelves near your table. Things that are not often used, such as those that are only accessed every week or every month, can be placed further away.
6. Schedule an hour or two of one day each week for cleaning and organizing your desk, and stick to that schedule, to keep up with what you have started.
Guide to desk organizing:
1. Create a working desk that is both functional and neat.
2. In your home, set up an area specifically for paperwork only and nothing else. Discipline yourself to work only in one spot for doing your office work and not anywhere else, like the dining table or the living room's center table.
3. Determine your working habits. If you are the type who spreads out your materials while working, make sure you use a long and wide desk for working.
4. Invest in a comfortable chair that you think will suit you and you can work long hours sitting in without tiring your back.
Just keep in mind, if everything is in its place, you should be able to quickly reach or locate what you're searching for. So better fix up that desk, it’s for your own good.
Do you want MORE out of life? We believe that YOU deserve the best! The best health. The most happiness. And unlimited prosperity too. It's all possible when you help yourself using our FREE organizing resources and free self help books to save you money. You will be amazed at what only a few minutes on our site will do for you. Feel better NOW! We're waiting for you at
Article reprint requirements:
Free self help books & self help books to get organized with organization tips on how to be organizing your home including closets, garage, home office, craft room and kitchen organizing ideas. How to organize your life with professional organizing training and product advice. Use our free self help book personal development articles to better organize your home & life like a professional organizer consultant. size=1>
The self help books & contents are solely the opinion of the author and should not be considered as a form of therapy, advice, direction and/or diagnosis or treatment of any kind: medical, spiritual, mental or other. If expert advice or counseling is needed, services of a competent professional should be sought. The author and the Publisher assume no responsibility or liability and specifically disclaim any warranty, express or implied for any products or services mentioned, or any self help techniques or practices described. The purchaser or reader of this publication assumes responsibility for the use of these self help books & materials and information. Neither the author nor the Publisher assumes any responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of any purchaser or reader of these self help materials.
Free self help books & self help books to get organized with organization tips on how to be organizing your home including closets, garage, home office, craft room and kitchen organizing ideas. How to organize your life with professional organizing training and product advice. Use our free self help book articles to better organize your home & life like a professional organizer consultant. Free self help books & self help books to get organized with organization tips on how to best organize your home including closets, garage, home office, craft room and kitchen organizing ideas. How to organize your life with professional organizing training and product advice. Use our free self help book articles to better organize your home & life like a professional organizer consultant.
It's time to join our happy subscribers, like these:
"I wish to express my appreciation and gratitude for this powerful tips you send to me.Thank you so much and may God richly bless all the team working towards this.
Thank you for this. It has been most instructive. Please keep them coming!
“With no other words, I simply love these Power Tips - thanks for every email I have received from you - I find there always something that cheers my day up or gives me some more inspiration. Good work, there!”
I always read your Power Tips and it has helped me a lot in my life... I would like to thank you a lot for such a nice article at regular intervals.
I am really grateful to you for what you have been doing for me and my growth. I know that I am not alone and hundreds of thousands of people would be feeling the same.
Your Newsletter are always a help. Thanks a tonne.
You are doing so much for the whole mankind and as a matter of fact sometimes even a small thought delivered at the right time can do miracles in someone's life and his whole life can take a turn around.
When the positive seeds through your news letter are falling all over the world, then I am sure some would become tree and bear fruits.