|Back to Back Issues Page|
Your Power Tips for A Happier Life
May 26, 2006
Power Tips newsletter, May Issue
Thank you for subscribing to our self help newsletter
One Minute Tip:
If you have a problem with procrastination, make a list of the
things you constantly put on hold. This will help you identify
your poor patterns and make the appropriate adjustments.
“Maintaining a complicated life is a great way to avoid changing it.”
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.”
“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan.
And guess what they may have planned for you? Not much.”
Tips for your Happiness:
7 Weeks To A Happier Life
Life is usually what we make it. Wait a minute — did I say “make it”? I know, I know, the conventional theory is that “life happens” — um, yeah, I cleaned that up a bit.
And while there are things that none of us can control – weather, economy, construction crews, other people – there are many things that you are in charge of. These are the things that help you lead a happier life. Put one into place in the SPECIFICS of your life, and at the end of 7 weeks you’ll have a happier, easier, better life than ever before.
1. Choose Consciously: Make an effort to decide that YOU choose how to spend your time, money, energy, and spirit. As long as you accept the consequences, and make the choice with your eyes open, you’ll feel more in control. Consciously choosing your TV time, or surfing time, is a lot different than just realizing you spent 4 hours clicking channels. Ask yourself, “I have from 7 pm until bedtime. How do I want to spend that time?”
2. Set Priorities. If the annoyances of life are living your life for you, you’re never going to win the foot- race of life. You’ll simply run out of time, devoting it to things that you chose in the moment, instead of what you really wanted the most. Don’t put what you want right now above what you really want in the long run. Ask yourself, “Self, I have raised my standard to not buy anything else on credit. But I really want this outfit for my meeting next week. What’s more important to me?”
3. Nurture It: Protect It: What you focus on in your life will flourish If you focus on problems, and lack, and hatred, and guilt, and self doubt, that’s what you’ll find growing in your garden of life. Instead plant seeds of change, conviction, courage, and choice. No, it’s not just about thinking positive thoughts — but it’s a heck of a good place to start!
4. Be Consistent. Anything that you do consistently, day after day, week after week, adds up. Good results or bad results are the product of repeating the same behavior over and over. If you consistently save, you’ll have money in the bank; if you consistently over-spend, you’ll be in debt. Choose what you want, and take one small step, consistently day after day, and see what happens.
5. Stop Reading, Start Doing: We live in an amazing world of information. Most people have access to more choices and information than they’ve ever had. Even our children are faced with decisions based on their broader ability to receive information. But. information without action is useless. Stop looking for a Quick Fix in the next book. Put the information you already have to work in your life. Ask yourself, ”What can I do today to start to build up a reserve (of cash, of time, of food, of friends) that will help me live without fear?”
6. Stop Analyzing, Start Living. A lot of psycho- babble teaches us that we need to know the “why” about our behavior before we can address it. And the ”why” can sometimes help correct a problem, or give you a reason for your action.. But most of what we all do on a daily basis is not the product of some deep dark psychological reason. It’s habit. Change your habits, and you’ll change your life. Change your attitude and you’ll change your life. Change your environment and you’ll change your life. Ask yourself, “What habit is the biggest obstacle to achieving my goals?”
7. Ask For What You Want. It’s time to stop expecting other people to read your mind. Think about how frustrating it is for you when someone expects you to know what they are thinking. It’s just a set up for failure. Be willing to ask concisely, pleasantly, and honestly for what you want and need in your life. Ask yourself, “Do I expect people in my life to ‘justknow’ what I need and want? Am I able to do that for other people on a 99% correct basis? No! So I will respect others by telling them what I need, and asking them to tell me as well.”
Authors bio: Kathy Gates, Professional Life Coach, believes that ”Life Can Be Easy”. She can help you create goals, overcome procrastination, organize your time, learn to love the real you. Kathy is author of the Ebook, ”7 Secrets to a Great Life”, is a well known writer on the web, has an Ezine, and several Coaching Programs available. www.reallifecoach.com
Tips for your Health:
If your target zone is 50% of your maximum heart rate you will burn body fat, lower your cholesterol, blood pressure and risk factors for degenerative diseases. Be careful to keep your heart rate at 50 to 60% of your target zone at first, increasing the intensity of your work-out as your fitness level improves.
Look Better … Feel Better … Live Longer: Make Water Your Drink of Choice
Water is your most essential nutrient, and every system in your body depends on it. Unfortunately, chronic dehydration is widespread … and there’s a convincing hypothesis that it is a root cause of many degenerative diseases.
To achieve optimal health, make water your drink of choice. Unless you’re exercising, your body cannot process more than about 8 ounces per hour, so it’s best to drink it in small sips throughout the day. Not only will adequate hydration improve your health, it will also suppress your appetite and help to metabolize stored fat.
Whenever possible, avoid tap water unless it has been filtered to remove fluoride and chlorine. Best to stick to spring water from a trusted source.
Tips for your Prosperity:
PROSPERITY cannot exist without Money ..
If you are Prosperous, you are:
Two out of three aint bad. But it aint prosperity either. True Prosperity takes all three.
Some rich people are sick, bitter and lonely. They are not prosperous. By the same token, if you are healthy, spiritually grounded, and have a great marriage, but struggle to pay your credit cards each month you are certainly not Prosperous either. Prosperity is all encompassing.
Your income and prosperity will be the average of the prosperity of your five closest friends.
This one is so predictable it is amazing to the uninitiated. Take the five people who are closest to you in your life, add up their yearly income from last year and divide it by five, to see what your annual salary will be this year.
And it doesnt just work for money .
This is operating within several prosperity laws, and holds true in all areas. Look at the relationships, health, and happiness of those closest to you, and youll find that you are right in the middle.
POVERTY causes people to lie, cheat, steal and even kill. There is nothing spiritual about poverty.
The best thing you can do for the poor, starving and downtrodden, is to NOT BE one of them.
Your association with money determines whether you attract it or not.
Broke people usually have a negative energy and connotation surrounding money. They obsess about how they are unable to do things that require money.
Wealthy people have a very positive association with money. They view it in terms of the freedom, enjoyment and pleasure it brings them.
Having a negative association of money repels it from you, while a positive association attracts it to you.
(Make sure that you are quite clear in your mind about how your life will be different when you achieve your financial goals. If you havent foreseen the improvement and embraced all the benefits and things that the extra money will be bringing into your life and your new life standards you cant manifest it into your reality.
Telling yourself that you intend to become a millionaire, but nothing will change me because you will still drive the same car, wear the same clothes, and live in the same house is self defeating.)
How do you FEEL about being or becoming truly PROSPEROUS in your everyday life?
Are you programmed against rich people? Money is Bad. Rich people are evil. It is spiritual to be poor. They may be rich, but that doesnt make them happy. Rich women are vain, vapid and superficial. Rich men are workaholics who dont care about their family, only making money.
Our media is very effective in programming us from childhood about how we should feel about wealth and wealthy people. Consider the TV shows Dallas and Dynasty. When did you last see anything on TV that showed people as Wealthy, who were also healthy, thin, happy, loving, contributing, and well balanced people you would like as friends or partners ..
Why do we then soak up the image of money not bringing wellbeing?
If you are overweight and out of shape, its good to know that those who are very thin arent necessarily happy. Because lets face it, that would really be too much. If we knew that they were thin AND happy that might be more than we can bear!
And if we know that rich people are poor parents we can feel noble for being broke. If we learn that wealthy people are vain, stupid and cheat on their spouses then we can justify why we never opened that business, when after that promotion, or acted on our dream.
We may be poor, but at least we are honest. Translation to your subconscious mind: Rich people are crooks.
Is it any wonder that you grow up hating rich people and subconsciously not wanting to be like them?
.Why is it that normally apathetic people get irate at the thought of anyone who prospers from their own ingenuity?
. Maybe they are so deeply ingrained in poverty-consciousness, that they resent people who are wealthy. They become envious of people who are succeeding.
..If you think this is untrue, Id like you to close your eyes in a moment and imagine that it is New Years day and your home is filled with your family and friends. In a moment of inspiration, you silence everyone and announce that it is your intent, for this New Year, to become a millionaire!
In the overwhelming silence or amusement that follows, how will you feel? Do you immediately recant and say you were just kidding to let everyone off the hook? How do you FEEL, right NOW, just thinking about it?
Our Sponsors and Affiliates are what keep this newsletter and our website self help books, articles and resources free to you, so we appreciate your support when purchasing from our sponsors.
Get some gift shopping ideas right here!
Get your own Self Help Library of 73 Powerful Books!
Remember you are a winner and preparation goes a long way in helping you achieve all your goals.
FREE! Powerful Daily Motivation
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TODAY and receive
Jim Rohn’s Free Weekly E-zine featuring Current Articles, Interviews, Motivational Quotes & Vitamins for the Mind available ONLY to you as a Subscriber!
Editors notes: color=red> size=4>
A WASHINGTON POST columnist runs a column each summer listing interesting WOMEN’S T-shirts observed at the Ocean City, Maryland beach.
1. I CHILD PROOFED MY HOUSE, BUT THEY STILL GET IN.
2. (On the front) 60 IS NOT OLD. (On the back) IF YOU’RE A TREE.
3. AT MY AGE, “GETTING LUCKY” MEANS FINDING MY CAR IN THE PARKING LOT.
5. MY REALITY CHECK JUST BOUNCED.
6. LIFE IS SHORT. MAKE FUN OF IT.
7. I’M NOT 50. I’M $49.95 PLUS TAX.
8. PHYSICALLY PFFFFFT!
9. IT’S MY CAT’S WORLD. I’M JUST HERE TO OPEN CANS.
10. “EARTH” IS THE INSANE ASYLUM OF THE UNIVERSE.
11. KEEP STARING….I MAY DO A TRICK.
12. WE GOT RID OF THE KIDS. THE CAT WAS ALLERGIC.
13. DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED.
14. MY MIND WORKS LIKE LIGHTNING. ONE BRILLIANT FLASH AND IT’S GONE.
15. LIVE YOUR LIFE SO THAT WHEN YOU DIE, THE PREACHER WON’T HAVE TO TELL LIES AT YOUR FUNERAL.
Just go to: free self help books download page and just read the book online or right button click on the links to then save target as to get your own personal copy onto your computer library.
Thank you for joining us this month, I hope that you have found some extra motivation and inspiration on HOW TO LOVE YOUR LIFE!
To update yourself on our new resources and self help strategies just go to
our free self help site http://www.personal-enterprise-self-help-resources.com
The self help contents are solely the opinion of the self help author and should not be considered as a form of therapy, advice, direction and/or diagnosis or treatment of any kind: medical, spiritual, mental or other. If expert advice or counselling is needed, services of a competent professional should be sought. The self help author and the self help Publisher assume no responsibility or liability and specifically disclaim any warranty, express or implied for any self help or otherwise products or self help or otherwise services mentioned, or any self help or otherwise techniques or practices described. The purchaser or reader of this self help publication assumes responsibility for the use of these self help materials and self help articles and information. Neither the self help author nor the self help Publisher assumes any responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of any purchaser or reader of these self help materials.
|Back to Back Issues Page|