|Back to Back Issues Page|
s Power Tips Newsletter
January 10, 2012
|Dear I hope you enjoy our issue this month!
Thank you for subscribing to our self help newsletter
Happy New Year to all my subscribers – I hope you have a great Year ahead!
One Minute Tip:
The next time you make a mistake, in order to make sure you learn something positive from the experience, ask yourself these seven questions (from Rob Woollard of StartupNation.com):
1. What can I learn from this mistake without beating myself up?
2. How can I handle this situation next time to ensure a more positive outcome?
3. Does dwelling on this mistake any longer help my business, family, mental or physical health?
4. Can I reframe this setback as an opportunity and move toward a positive change?
5. In retrospect, can I see that past mistakes actually were blessings?
6. Is this mistake part of my learning curve moving me toward greater success?
7. Are there people I admire who have made major mistakes but still achieved great success?
”Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones tend to take care of themselves.” — Dale Carnegie
”If I knew I was going to live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.” — Mickey Mantle
”The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.” — Joe Paterno
Tips for your Happiness:
7 Signs of Marriage Trouble
The good news about marriage today is that divorce rates are down. The bad news is that an increasing number of marriages are unhappy.
Couples endure an unhappy marriage for a number of reasons but excuses usually include the children or they just hate to admit defeat.
Marriages rarely die an immediate death. It’s like the guy in a movie who’s shot several times but refuses to die. He stumbles and falls half a dozen times and just when you think he’s fallen for the last time, he gets up again and reaches out for help.
Many times this describes an unhappy marriage that hurts the husband and wife while they stumble and fall back but manage to hang on for one reason or another refusing to give up.
Divorce sometimes is a better alternative but only you and your spouse can determine that. If getting a divorce is the decision, the sooner you deal with it the better you’ll become more emotionally stable and able to cope with the situation. Divorces can be devastating on the entire family, especially if you let them linger before reaching an amiable breakup.
There are signs of trouble in marriage and they’re easier to resolve if you spot them early on. Small problems turn into big ones if you let your emotions get out of control. You may have seen some of these signs of trouble before the marriage but didn’t view them as problems. Why? There is more truth than not in the old saying that love is blind.
You may have married in spite of your better judgment and hoped your partner would change or thought you could work your magic charm and change your spouse. This rarely happens. So, what are some of the signs of a troubled marriage?
1. You no longer have fun with each other. No matter what you do, you wish you would have stayed at home and both of you are miserable.
2. Compliments are rare or non existent. Neither of you say anything nice about the other. On the contrary, criticisms are on the increase. You can’t do anything right and become afraid to do anything and withdraw.
3. You on longer can agree on future goals and refuse to discuss anything beyond tomorrow.
4. You’re happier when your spouse is gone. The only time you can relax is when he or she is not at home and you can enjoy being yourself.
5. Neatness could be a problem if the other is a slob or a person who clutters and never puts anything away. One is always picking up behind the other.
6. One tries to save and the other spends money frivolously. This can be a major problem if bills go unpaid.
7. A lack of intimacy or sexual activity is a classic example of a lack of love in a marriage. It could also indicate that one or both of you are involved in an affair.
Either accept these qualities in your partner or seek professional help. Qualified help can be found in person, in books or online.
The sooner you seek help the better. Marriage problems can cause depression and anger affecting the entire family.
Watch for these signs of a troubled marriage and resolve to take action.
Learn good stress relief techniques.
Stress is an abnormal condition that disrupts the normal functions of the body or mind.
No two people are affected in exactly the same way, or to the same degree, but most people living in our highly industrialized society suffer from its effects at one or more times during their lives.
You Can Download my Stress Relief Guide here: “How to Break Free From A Stressful Life”
Tips for your Health:
Aging and Your Sense of Smell
As we age, we may experience some problems that affect the body and mind, including a change in our sensory perceptions. Our sense of smell may affect how we eat, enjoy food and drink and also affect the type of nutrients we put in our bodies.
Depending on how severe the loss of smell is, it could actually be dangerous if it means we don’t smell hazardous chemicals, gas leaks and smoke.
Our sense of taste is also affected by our sense of smell. If you eat something while holding your nose, you might taste salt, bitterness or sweetness, but you won’t taste the robust flavor of what you’re eating. The sensory perception that affects our sense of smell is call olfaction and this is what weakens when you age.
The fact that you lose sense of taste as you lose sense of smell is especially problematic for seniors. It could result in lack of appetite or of eating foods that aren’t good for you just to try and taste them.
Think about how fresh bread baking makes your salivate and then think about how it would be if you couldn’t smell it. Your enthusiasm for eating would certainly wane.
Anyone who needs to control his or her diet may be greatly affected by sense of smell. If the olfactory system quits working or weakens, it’s more difficult to control and stick to a nutritious diet plan and a greater risk of chronic diseases is possible.
You might eat less fruits and vegetables because they only seem to taste bitter rather than producing the same great taste they used to have.
Some seniors eat a lot of sweets and food that contain a high volume of fat because they can taste them and tend to eat more than those without a sense of smell problem. These seniors may become overweight or obese and become even more susceptible to dangerous or deadly diseases.
Surprisingly, when you chew food, the flavor of it is recognized in the olfactory bulb that rests behind the bridge of the nose. Seniors who have gum disease or other problems with teeth and gums may not chew as heartily and much of the taste disappears because the flavor never reaches the olfactory bulb.
Sinus problems and blockages of the nasal passages can also interfere with the olfactory bulb and your ability to perceive the taste of foods and your sense of smell.
These disorders are often found among seniors and the results may damage certain receptors which can lead to diet problems and eventually, immunity problems.
Cancer patients, especially those who have had chemotherapy, radiation and/or surgery could possible go through a cycle of damaged sense of smell and a reluctance to eat a proper diet because of lack of appetite or damaged sense of taste.
Research has found that spices and herbs don’t help with the taste of foods when a person loses their sense of smell. There’s no way to restore olfaction, but you can balance the problem by choosing natural sweeteners, powerful herbs and spices and by taking vitamin and mineral supplements.
Ways To Stop Snoring:
If you’re a chronic snorer you’re probably looking for ways to stop snoring quickly. Well never fear because help is at hand. Below we’re going to go through some practical advice with ways to stop snoring that you can actually start implementing straight away.
Method # 1 – Sleep on your side
This is one of the best ways to stop snoring. Sleeping on your back is a common cause of snoring, and by simply laying on your side it can be enough to stop the snoring. A good tip is to tie a tennis ball to the back of your pyjamas. This will definitely ensure that you don’t sleep on your back!
Method # 2 – Raise your head
Sleeping with your head too low down can cause your airways to get blocked. Try adding an extra pillow to your bed to raise the height of your head in relation to your body.
Method # 4 – Sing!
As silly as it might sound, many people have found that one of the best ways to stop snoring is to sing. Try singing out loud a few times a day. There are even CD’s available which contain songs specifically designed for this, however we’re looking at free methods here and there is no real evidence that such CD’s provide any more effective ways to stop snoring.
How Would You Like to Get Rid Of Your Snoring And Save Your Marriage?
11 Health Benefits Of Regular Exercise
1. It reduces your risk of developing heart disease.
2. It reduces high blood pressure or the risk of developing high blood pressure.
3. It reduces high cholesterol or the risk of developing high cholesterol.
4. You’re less likely to develop back problems as you grow older.
5. It reduces your risk of developing colon cancer and breast cancer.
6. It reduces your risk of premature death.
7. It reduces / maintains bodyweight and body fat.
8. It increases bone density, which will reduce the risk of suffering from stress fractures or osteoporosis
9. Your immune system will be stronger, therefore, you’re less likely to catch a cold or any other virus through the winter months.
10. It reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
11. It builds / maintains healthy muscles, bones, and joints .
Check out our exclusive Online Personal Training service, where we encourage and motivate you to exercise regularly, eat well, and achieve a good majority of the above benefits!>>> Squires Fitness – Your Online Personal Trainer
Tips for your Prosperity:
7 Frugal Family Fun Nights (or Days)
Entertaining the family doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. You can save those to buy gasoline. There are numerous ways for the family to have fun, be together and spend little if any money.
Be resourceful, creative, keep an open mind and a fun heart. After all, nothing’s better than laughing with your family and laughs are free.
1. Celebrate a holiday even if it’s not a holiday. Check the calendar and online for many unusual holidays on which to peg your celebration. For instance, there’s a National Watermelon Day.
Celebrate by gathering the family in the backyard or a park and eating watermelon. Stretch the celebration by having a family watermelon seed-spitting contest. You could also celebrate Christmas in July or Thanksgiving in August.
2. Clean out the kitchen pantry but make it fun by putting together all those newly discovered foods hiding on the back shelves for unusual but delightful dishes. Have a contest with each family member creating an original recipe.
Continue the theme by cleaning out a closet, garage or attic and designate items for a yard sale. Earmark the money earned for a family getaway and you’ll get more cooperation.
3. Visit a cemetery. Okay this may sound a little morose but can be fun and educational too. Many headstones have interesting formations and histories. Volunteer the family to help clean up the cemetery, trim grass and pull a few weeds. Some cemeteries even have places to have a picnic so don’t forget the food.
4. Go fly a kite. Some of your fondest memories of growing up may be when your mom or dad helped you build and fly a kite. You can buy all kinds of kite designs if you want or get kite kits and make them yourself. Materials are inexpensive and construction can be simple.
5. Take a field trip to a “pick your own” farm. The entire family can pick various fruits and vegetables, then purchase and eat them. Because you picked them yourself, the prices are very reasonable and they taste better too. Check your newspaper for the nearest farm to you and remember this is a seasonal activity.
6. Visit a botanical garden or arboretum. Most of these are free and is a beautiful place to just stroll and visit with your family.
Sometimes lectures or festivals are being held at the gardens. Take your camera and get some memorable shots of your family among the flowers.
7. Spend the night outside. This could be in your back yard or in a camp site. Sit quietly by a campfire and try to identify sounds of the night. It could be a part night or an all night affair.
Frugal nights and days with your family can be some of the best. You’re together but not worried about the money being spent. Best of all, your children will probably grow up and experience many of the same events with their kids too.
1. How to Balance Work, Family, and Social Life
Our Sponsors and Affiliates are what keep this newsletter and our website self help books, articles and resources free to you, so we appreciate your support when purchasing from our sponsors.
FREE! Powerful Daily Motivation
Become More Confident and Less Anxious!
Have You Read a Great Book Lately?
TIRED OF FEELING TIRED? We know that life can get you down. Too much stress. Too much pressure. But it does NOT have to be that way!!
Editor’s notes: color=red> size=4>
Men are like
Men are like …Laxatives.
Men are like … Bananas.
Men are like … Bank Machines.
Men are like … Weather.
Men are like … Blenders.
Men are like … Chocolate Bars.
Men are like … Coffee.
Men are like … Commercials.
Men are like … Department Stores.
Men are like … Government Bonds.
Men are like … Horoscopes.
Men are like … Mascara.
Men are like … Popcorn.
Men are like … Lava Lamps.
Men are like … Parking Spots.
Get your fr’ee ebook downloads here –size=4 color=red> Just “right mouse button click” on the links below, then select “save target as” from the window that appears, to download the book to your desktop.
Remember to visit the site for your free ebooks Some Classics have been added for “general” story books as well as our self help library, so there are now hundreds of free ebooks to choose from!
Just go to: free self help books download page
Thank you for joining us this month, I hope that you have found some extra motivation and inspiration on HOW TO LOVE YOUR LIFE!
**If you have been sent this ezine by a friend and would like to subscribe to receive your own copy of “Power Tips” every month, just complete your details in the form here:Subscribe Newsletter **
To update yourself on our new resources and self help strategies just go to our free self help site
The self help contents are solely the opinion of the self help author and should not be considered as a form of therapy, advice, direction and/or diagnosis or treatment of any kind: medical, spiritual, mental or other. If expert advice or counselling is needed, services of a competent professional should be sought. The self help author and the self help Publisher assume no responsibility or liability and specifically disclaim any warranty, express or implied for any self help or otherwise products or self help or otherwise services mentioned, or any self help or otherwise techniques or practices described. The purchaser or reader of this self help publication assumes responsibility for the use of these self help materials and self help articles and information. Neither the self help author nor the self help Publisher assumes any responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of any purchaser or reader of these self help materials.
|Back to Back Issues Page|