Potty Training Made Easy Strategies That Really Work
Potty training can be a process of trial and error. It can be both exciting and quite frustrating. Rest assured, eventually your child will be potty trained. There are very few teenagers running around in diapers!
That being said, there are proven potty training strategies that have worked for parents over the years. Lets take a look at a few of them to make the potty training process as easy and painless as possible.
1. Wait until your child is ready for potty training before you begin. Many parents, undoubtedly excited to be done with the whole diaper thing, rush potty training.
Good intentions aside, if a child isnt mentally and physically ready to learn how to use a toilet, the potty training process is going to take much longer and be frustrating for the both of you.
Signs your child is ready to begin potty training include:
* Frequent dry or clean diapers
* Curiosity about the toilet
* Communication regarding their potty habits if a child tells you they just peed or they have to pee theyre ready for potty training.
2. Make sure you have the right gear. There are a lot of potty training aids available. From small portable potty chairs to floating targets you can place in the toilet to help your little boy aim and enjoy the training process.
Getting the gear before you begin training will help you and your child create a structure and a routine around potty training.
It also helps to have potty training friendly clothing. Theres nothing more frustrating than a child who tells you they have to go potty and then having them wet their pants because it took too long to get their clothing off. Slips on pants are the easiest and of course skirts and dresses make it easy for girls.
3. Have a positive mindset. Mistakes will happen and children will make huge leaps forward only to then have really bad potty training days or weeks.
Reward and celebrate successes and stay focused on having a positive attitude. Recrimination, punishment and yelling only makes a child feel bad about themselves, it doesnt further the potty training process.
Know that its much easier for a child to be aware of their body during the daytime and nighttime accidents can happen well into elementary school. Be prepared. Protect your childs pride and their belongings with a mattress pad, rules about drinking before bedtime and support and understanding.
The potty training process can take a while and each childs experiences are different. Be patient, be positive and be prepared!
Finding rewards and gifts for your kids is a lot easier and convenient nowadays with online shopping that lets you buy top toys at the click of a mouse, and even get them delivered to your door. Visit our sites linked to here whenever you are looking to choose from a huge range of online best selling toys for kids including the classic Lego Indiana Jones or the popular Lego SpongeBob SquarePants characters and all the range of Lego sets that kids of all ages love playing with.
Do you want MORE out of life? We believe that YOU deserve the best! The best health. The most happiness. And unlimited prosperity too.
It’s all possible when you help yourself using our FREE personal development resources and free self help books. You will be amazed at what only a few minutes on our site will do for you. Feel better NOW!
We’re waiting for you at our self help website => http://personal-enterprise-self-help-resources.com