Every one of us is born a creator and creative.
During infancy, we are already able to distinguish what our preferences are and what catches our fancies and what appalls us most.
However, we usually don't realize we have this talent because our parents often tell us what to do and give us a concept of good and bad as we grow.
Often, our minds are molded by what our elders teach us as we move along life paths and forget that things may be done and created in ways that are deviant from the norm.
As we grow older, our left brain, the purveyor of logic, takes over our creative right brain, or the feeder of the imagination.
Because society tells us that such a method is the right way to complete a particular thing and only that, we often resign to the process and fail to experiment and look outside the box.
So, the question is, how do we resurrect this inner creativity? How do we enhance it so we get a better understanding of how who we are and what we truly want? Here are some creativity enhancement tips to start your quest:
1. Don't fear failure.
Everybody makes mistakes and it is in these mistakes that we learn more about life. Welcome failure and see it as a challenge, or as an opportunity to improve yourself. If you meet a hindrance along the way, be flexible to accommodate, ride it. If you can't ride it, accept that it is there and find alternative ways.
Creativity is enhanced when we force ourselves to think of other methods to tackle a problem or face a situation. See failure as an opportunity for creativity enhancement. BEWARE! WHY do people let their dreams die unlived?
2. Take chances and welcome surprises.
If you stick to a linear path, you will be able to get to where you're headed, but it won't really be as much fun as when you pause to smell the flowers and frolic in the grassy meadows once in a while. It's okay to stray for a bit. Who knows what great discovery you will find? You don't always have to be logical or straightforward.
Play with your imagination and make up scenarios. Meet new people, attend to other events. This doesn't mean, though, that you should delay in reaching your target. Just go have fun.
3. Everything has a solution.
No matter how big a challenge is, it always has a solution. Don't dwell on the fact that it is there. Instead, concoct creative ways to get around them. Again, problems and blockages are great ways to enhance your creativity. Embrace them.
The more you learn from an experience, the greater your creative juices will be enhanced. Go for events that tickle your creative fancies. Boring is no fun. Duh.
As you might have noticed throughout the entire article, creativity enhancement leads to just one thing: having fun and letting go of inhibitions. And, remember, do it with a smile.
Happiness and wellbeing self help books and personal development articles about personal development coaching creative thinking improving your Happiness, Health & Wealth, increasing your wisdom on how to be happy, and using self help resources like self help site with free self help books on being happy with loving relationships, high self esteem & self confidence using self actualization and self growth resources. size=1>
A Seven-Point Coaching Program
Have you ever been a coach to a neighborhood team?
I understand how you feel. My first experience as a coach was with a team of seven-year-old soccer kids. They really tested my patience and challenged my sanity as they ran around kicking the ball like ants going after a huge white crumb!
It feels strange at first, having a bunch of kids staring at me waiting for instructions? What is the deal about coaching?
Being a coach in the corporate world is similar to being a coach in the field of sports. Some players are MVP material and some of them support the MVP's. It sounds ironic when they say there is no I in team.
Here are some tips that can make you a better coach:
1) These days, there is a lot of talk these days about Corporate Team Building. There are many options: vacation packages, rope courses, on-going office games, ice-breakers, etc. Management can also purchase videos, books, and seminar packages to assist them in its team building efforts.
2) The truth about motivation is waiting to be discovered! Don't settle for mind-numbing garbage. Begin to look forward to your alarm clock sounding off each morning before you huddle with the team.
3) Experience is a better teacher compared to classroom training. An effective coach knows how to stir the energetic side of one individual and build up a synergy within an entire team.
4) Question a person by his or her performance but never question his or her knowledge or intelligence. Sadly, I have seen mistakes from past coaches who never seem to understand what a player has to go through to get the job right. Wrong method of coaching will lead to deterioration of performance and maybe even hostility.
If you want the job done right, then put yourself into the other persons shoes or do it yourself. You will see how it is to be at the receiving end and it will help you set a better course for improvement.
5) Sending a player to the bench is probably the worst experience a coach has to go through, especially if this player is the top performer. An egoistic performer tends to lose focus when he commits the smallest mistake. Be firm but understanding in handling this situation.
6) Keep your focus. Do not be blinded by what you are supposed to do. Coaches are human too. Some have the tendency to think that they are more superior, but in reality, they are superior only by rank. They can still learn something from everyone.
7) Learn to trust yourself and your team. Making decisions and evaluating performance are primarily part of your function. Part of your task is to determine who among the team members can perform the task more efficiently.
So, before you think about sending one member to the bench, have a good chat with him and see if he has any problems. If it's personal, just encourage him to do his best. It also helps to give him a good and encouraging slap on the back.
A coach is an integral part of a successful team or organization. As a coach, you will serve as the guide to help teammates perform more efficiently.
SITE DISCLAIMER: The self help books and personal development coaching creative thinking personal development resources on this Strategic Services web site are not intended to be a substitute for therapy or professional advice. While all attempts have been made to verify information provided in this self help book and personal development publication, neither the author nor the publisher assumes any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the self help books and personal development subject matter herein. There is no guarantee of validity of accuracy of any self help books and articles content. Any perceived slight of specific people or organizations is unintentional. This self help books and personal development articles website and its creators are not responsible for the content of any sites linked to.
Self help books for personal development coaching creative thinking happiness & personal development resources, free self help ebooks and self help personal development coaching articles listed for your convenient self help books personal development coaching for happiness personal development search in the free self help books and articles subjects of personal development coaching creative thinking self image, self help relationships tips, self help ebook download resources for happiness, being happy self help emotion management, panic attack self help, self help for personal development coaching creative thinking low self esteem, self help famous quotes, anxiety self help resources, personal development coaching creative thinking happiness quotations, motivational self improvement, stress management self help books, motivational articles, personal development coaching, tips and depression self help books, personal development coaching creative thinking articles and resources.